Vermont winter getaways are nothing short of spectacular. Whether you are an outdoor enthusiast or enjoy snuggling up indoors, Bennington has something for you! The Four Chimneys Inn offers just what the doctor ordered for a romantic overnight getaway and relaxing respite from the hubbub of the day-to-day.
Vermont is a state that has one of the highest Covid vaccination rates in the country and lowest case counts in the country, giving you peace of mind in getting away this winter. Stay small and stay safe this winter. Take a look at our eleven luxurious hotel rooms to book a vacation any time of year or read on for ideas about your Vermont Winter Getaway.
Indoor Fun in Vermont
While the outdoors are a winter wonderland paradise, there is nothing better than cozying up inside by the fire, unwinding with your loved one with a hot toddy or a glass of wine. Here are some of our favorite indoor activities to enjoy this winter.
- Snuggle up by the fire at The Four Chimneys Inn with our Sweet S’mores Package This popular package includes all the fixings to make s’mores in the privacy of your own room with a real wood fireplace. But remember to book early. This package is only available in room #2 and has a tendency to books quickly.
- Visit the Bennington Museum
- Enjoy local breweries – like the Madison Brewing , Harvest Brewing , the Tap House at Catamount Glass or Farm Road Brewing for great craft brews.
- Create your own White Christmas and visit the inn at the holidays this year! Check out our holiday packages for both Thanksgiving and Christmas week.
- Reconnect playing fireside games on our Vermont hand-crafted game-table in our cocktail lounge or on our heated glass porch. Common areas are equipped with Hepa air filtration.
- Enjoy one of the many wonderful nearby restaurants
Outdoor Winter Adventures in Vermont
For the adventurous couple, get outside and enjoy all the wonder of Vermont winter activities.
- Have a snowball fight
- Make a snowman.
- Meander through our historic neighborhood and visit Robert Frost’s Grave.
- Take a walk through downtown and explore Bennington’s one-of-a-kind shops.
- Snuggle up on a winter sleigh ride at Taylor Farm (40 minutes away – and a beautiful winter drive)
- Cross country ski or snowshoe at Prospect Mountain home of the U.S. National Snowshoe Competition. (10 minutes away)
- Go tubing at Mount Snow.
- Rent snowmobiles at Snow Mobile Vermont
- Go skiing or snowboarding. Did you know there are 12 ski resorts within 1 hour of the inn?
Incredible Vermont Winter Getaways Incredibly Close to Home
So, if you are you looking for winter weekend getaway just a short drive from home, come see us at our quintessential Vermont Inn. Tucked in the Southwest corner of the Green Mountains of Vermont, historic Bennington may be just a short drive away, but The Four Chimneys Inn is a world away.
- Williamstown, Massachusetts (10 miles)
- New York State Border (4 miles)
- Albany, New York (45 min)
- Hartford, CT (2 1/4 hours)
- Mario Cuomo Bridge (3 hours)
- Boston, Massachusetts (3 1/4 hours)
A cozy Vermont winter getaway is the perfect way to brighten up the winter doldrums. Our Vermont bed and breakfast is the perfect place to unwind after a fun filled day in the Vermont snow. We make booking a stay at The Four Chimneys Inn easy-peasy. Find your favorite room today and we’ll see you soon!
One of the advantages of innkeeping, is meeting all kinds of wonderful guests. This often incudes travel writers, bloggers and travel instagram-ers. Last winter, we had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Mindy and her husband. She was kind enough to share her beautiful photos which are featured here (where noted in captions) plus all of the slide show at the top of the page. You can check out her travel and wedding photography blog at www.MindyBriar.com and @mindybriarphotography on Instagram. You will be delighted that you did!