A Hunt for the Best of Vermont
Calling all Cheese Lovers ♥ The Vermont Cheese Council is at it again!
Get away to Vermont and participate in THE HUNT, a cheese-lover’s adventure sponsored by the Vermont Cheese Council.
This year’s 2nd-annual event is a scavenger hunt, designed to help you explore Vermont’s great outdoors, history, and farm-fresh cheese in any of six regions of Vermont! We are honored that our Vermont Bed and Breakfast was selected by The Vermont Cheese Council to be a preferred lodging partner of THE HUNT this year.
About The Hunt
- Sign up for THE HUNT on the Vermont Cheese Council website and get your Hunt Clue Packet for the region you select. Hint: The Four Chimneys Inn is in the Southwest Region!
- Clue packets provide instructions for completing activities: Things like exploring a local walking trail, visiting an historic landmark or picnicking in an especially picturesque or historic spot.
- Plus, the Four Chimneys Inn will be adding a few unofficial bonus hunt activities and picnic spots at some of our favorite Bennington landmarks. Keep reading, to learn more!
- Complete THE HUNT and you will be entered into the Vermont Cheese Council drawing to win Vermont prizes including, of course, Vermont cheese. Official HUNT runs from July 1 through 2022.
“Over 20% of participants provided feedback on The Hunt last year. Every single one said they would do the event again” — The Vermont Cheese Council
- Book your Vermont Lodging Cheese Hunt Special at The Four Chimneys Inn and receive a slate Vermont-shaped cheese board as our gift to you upon arrival! Special valid July 1 – November 20, 2021 while supplies last.
Our Favorite Places to Eat Cheese and Vermont-y Things to Do in Bennington VT
THE HUNT is brimming with fun activities throughout the state, but here are a few more to make the most of your stay in Bennington.
Bennington Battle Monument
Pack a little cheese and spread out a blanket at the Bennington Battle Monument. Beautiful views and the most visited historic site in Vermont. Just a short and beautiful walk from the Four Chimneys Inn.
The Apple Barn Country Bake Shop
The Apple Barn is one of the best sources of all-things Vermont. Artisan cheeses, cider donuts, maple creemees, apple pie and local packaged goods to take home as well. While there is not a picnic area, you can come back to The Four Chimneys Inn and enjoy your cheese under the awning on our stone patio, or set up your own spread on the lawn.
The Henry Bridge
This tiny picnic area packs a punch. Walk down to the river beneath the iconic red covered bridge. Sometimes Aiden and I even take cheese burgers from the Northside Dairy Bar there for an impromptu picnic.
The Grille at Mt. Anthony Country Club
While a country club may not be the first thing you think of when you think Vermont Cheese, The Grille has a scrumptious Avocado Toast with local Maplebrook Farms Burrata Cheese and a Vermonter salad with local cheddar and a homemade maple vinaigrette that is out of this world. And the view from their stone patio is spectacular.
Local Vermont Farms and Farmers’ Markets
As Vermont-y goes, this pumpkin patch and maple farm takes the cake. Maple tours are available during Vermont Maple Weekend. And during the fall season, their pumpkin patch is unmatched for Vermont-y goodness. Check Armstrong Farm out on instagram @armstrong_farm_vermont
Blueberry and Apple Picking
Pick your own berries and apples at the orchards on Harwood Hill. Ask the innkeeper for directions. Open for pick-your own in season which is typically August for blueberries and September/October for apples.
Bennington Farmers’ Market
Come visit the Bennington Farmers’ Market at its new location on Route 7 North by the deer park. Fresh from the farm Vermont cheese and other goodies.
Arlington Farmers’ Market
Take a scenic drive up 7A, the shires scenic by-way and stop at the Arlington Farmers’ Market. Turn off on 313 West or East to find a beautiful covered bridge in either direction.
Glastenview Maple Farm
A sparkly clean maple sugar house that is open to visitors all year long.
Museums, Theatres, Outdoor Recreation, Restaurants and more.
Check out VermontBeginsHere.com , Bennington’s official tourism directory for a thorough list everything you won’t want to miss on your visit to Bennington.
Make a Week-long Vermont Vacation of it
Make our luxury Vermont bed and breakfast your launch-pad for The Hunt in Southwestern Vermont. Or, stay the week and explore more of Vermont.
Below are some of our favorite Vermont lodging friends in the six regions of the Vermont Cheese Council Hunt. Some may, or may not have HUNT specials, but we wanted to share our favorite spots throughout the state with you.
Southwest Vermont Lodging
- The Four Chimneys Inn, (our Bennington, Vermont bed and breakfast). Be sure to check out our Cheese Hunt Lodging Special
- The Knotty Pine Motel – A budget friendly, pet friendly, modern vintage motel in Bennington, Vermont.
- Inn at Waters Edge – A lovely lakeside inn in Ludlow, Vermont.
Northwest Vermont Lodging
- Hotel Vermont, a contemporary downtown Burlington, Vermont hotel
- Willard Street Inn, a majestic, romantic Vermont inn just steps from Church Street in downtown Burlington, Vermont
Lower Champlain Valley Vermont Lodging
- Swift House Inn, traditional New England Inn and Restaurant in downtown Middlebury, Vermont
Central Route 100 Corridor Vermont Lodging
- The Stonehill Inn; a small, romantic Vermont inn with a beautiful stone fireplace and lovely breakfast room in Stowe, Vermont.
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort and Spa; a large hotel and spa with rentable vacation condos in Stowe, Vermont.
- Trapp Family Lodge; 2500 acres of bee hives, fat tire biking, a brewery and Austrian inspired Vermont lodging – brought to you by the Von Trapp family of Sound of Music fame.
Northeast Kingdom Vermont Lodging
- The Rabbit Hill Inn, a friendly, beautiful and romantic Vermont inn just outside of St. Johnsbury, Vermont.
Southeast Vermont Lodging
- Woodstock Inn and Resort, – a classic New England resort and spa in downtown Woodstock, Vermont.
- Woodstocker B&B – a beautifully appointed small Vermont bed and breakfast.
- Sleep Woodstock – a vintage-modern motel in Woodstock, Vermont.
A picture paints a thousand words: Follow along on instagram for media updates, promotional rates and of course, beautiful Vermont photos!
Book early as our Vermont Bed and Breakfast fills up quickly during the summer and fall seasons. Find your favorite room at The Four Chimneys Inn or give us a call. (802) 447-3500 from 9 am – 9pm. Relaxing Vermont getaways are our thing, so let us help you plan yours. Hope to meet you soon!Book Now