Vermont in the winter is a beautiful and magical place. The rolling hills blanketed in snow is a sight to behold. From the beautiful landscape to the wonderful outdoor adventures, there is something for everyone to enjoy in the winter. Here are some of our favorite winter activities in Vermont.
Soak Up the Scenic Beauty
Visitors to Vermont love the historic covered bridges, the picturesque landscape, and taking road trips to enjoy all that Vermont has to offer in the winter. The Green Mountains are nothing short of spectacular and the winter months bring a beauty unlike any other.
- Enjoy the best rates of the year.
- Enjoy fewer crowds.
Get Cozy in Romantic Lodging
Staying at our romantic bed and breakfast is a wonderful way to escape during the winter months. Choose from 11 unique and beautiful rooms some with fireplaces and jetted tubs. Guests are treated to a full country breakfast each morning at a private table in the dining room. We even have gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian options available.
- Make your winter getaway exceptional with one of our unique packages.
- For a limited time, enjoy a free room upgrade midweek. Pricing is reduced as follows: pay a queen room price for a standard king, pay a standard king price for a deluxe king. Valid only Sunday through Thursday. The promotion ends March 31, 2023.
Enjoy Incredible Craft Breweries or a Distillery
Vermont is known for their many incredible breweries that pepper the state. Some people do not know how big Vermont is in the craft beer world. There is nothing better in the winter than going tasting and enjoy dining at a nearby restaurant. Here are some of a few of our favorite breweries nearby and a wonderful distillery.
- Maddison’s Brewing Company
- Harvest Brewing
- Farm Road Brewing
- The Village Garage (distillery)
All of these breweries are only 5-10 minutes from our inn. View our comprehensive list and more details about the 9 top Vermont Breweries near our bed and breakfast.
Shop in Downtown Bennington
Whether you are here for your holiday shopping or simply perusing for fun, Bennington, Vermont has quaint and unique shops to please the most discerning shopper. There are book stores, tobacco and pipe shops, antique stores, locally made Vermont products like soaps, jams, syrup, an art gallery and more.
View the lineup of the wonderful downtown Bennington shops.
Explore the Countryside by Snowmobile
Viewing the Vermont winter wonderland by snowmobile is an outdoor enthusiasts dream! There is a trail network of over 5,000 miles for people of all riding skill levels. Booking a snowmobiling adventure is the perfect way to spend your winter getaway.
Book a snowmobiling ride with Snowmobile Vermont.
Savor the Local Cuisine
After a day of adventure or staying in relaxing, try some of the nearby restaurants which are perfect lunch or dinner before retreating to your cozy room for the night. Here are a few restaurants near our inn.
- Blue Benn Diner – this diner has the classic 1957 ambiance and has a wonderful lunch menu with burgers, wraps, sandwiches and even a sizable vegetarian selection
- Allegro Ristorante – this restaurant offers in-house and to-go options featuring eclectic Italian cuisine while using local farm produce. They are open Tuesday – Saturday for dinner.
- The Publyk House – this restaurant is a must for dinner! The views are incredible and there are many different options on their sizable restaurant and tavern menu.
- The 421 Craftbar – from small plates, sharing plates, brick oven pizza, burgers and more. This diverse menu is sure to please.
- The Miller’s Toll – the vibe, the trendy drink and the food make this a wonderful date night for dinner.
Treat Yourself at a Spa
After your outdoor adventures, booking a spa service at The Green Mountain Oasis is sure to be one of the highlights of your trip. They offer massages, body wraps, facials, massage services, peels, manicures, pedicures and more. Make sure to book this early so you don’t miss out on the pampering you deserve.
Immerse Yourself at a Museum
There is nothing like visiting a historic site or art museum to learn and grow. There are a couple notable spots near our inn that should not be missed.
- Hildene – visit the family home of Lincoln. There are guided tours and self tours available.
- The Clark – meander around this art gallery and a 140 acre campus. Enjoy free admission until March 31, 2023.
Go Skiing, Snowboarding or Cross Country Skiing
Visitors to our snowy state are sure to enjoy incredible outdoor adventures skiing, snowboarding or cross country skiing across the beautiful chilly landscape.
- Work up an appetite cross country skiing at Prospect Mountain Ski Area which is only 17 minutes away.
- Bromley Mountain Ski Resort has 43 trails and 4 ski lifts and is only 36 minutes away.
- Mount Snow is about 45 minutes away and has runs for all levels. There are 19 lifts, 10 terrain parks and a half pipe.
Book your winter getaway in Vermont and enjoy a refreshing, relaxing or adventurous escape from the ordinary.Book Now