The Four Chimneys Inn
A Southern Vermont Bed and Breakfast
Come relax at a wonderfully inviting Bennington, Vermont Bed and Breakfast that has earned the distinguished designation as a “Fodor’s Choice” hotel year after year.
The Four Chimneys Inn . . . “is the quintessential Old Bennington mansion, and one of the best inns in Vermont.”— Fodor’s Vermont Guide
Set on a lush eleven-acre estate, this picturesque Vermont bed and breakfast is tucked back from the road in the historic neighborhood of Old Bennington, Vermont. Quiet and unhurried, the inn provides a magical respite from modern-day frenzy. The inn sits next door to the mansion once owned by Governor Tichenor. A beautiful short walk takes you to the Old First Church where you will find Robert Frost’s grave along with a wealth of revolutionary war history.
A charming Vermont Bed and Breakfast – featuring modern amenities and old world grandeur
With only eleven beautifully and uniquely appointed guest rooms, The Four Chimneys Inn has an intimate, yet grand feel that is reminiscent of the graceful summer homes of days gone by. The comfortable atmosphere of this historic Vermont B&B strikes the perfect balance of elegance without pretense. Each room maintains its old world grandeur while offering all of the amenities of modern day life. Each guest room of this beautiful Vermont bed and breakfast has a private bath and a comfortable king or queen bed. For those who need to stay plugged in, each room has cable TV, free WIFI and bed-side power strips. Air conditioning and individual heat controls keep you comfortable year-round.
Unpack your bags and take in the local culture and revolutionary war history while staying at a lovely Vermont Bed and Breakfast in historic Bennington:
- Meander through Bennington county’s five covered bridges — three are just a 5 minute drive north of the Four Chimneys Inn.
- Browse one of five museums in Bennington County including the famed Bennington Museum — home of the largest collection of Grandma Moses works.
- Enjoy art galleries, antique shops and the world famous Bennington Potters or Hemmings Motor News.
- Walk to Robert Frost’s Grave or take a short drive to The Robert Frost Stone House.
- Golf at Vermont’s first golf course Mount Anthony Country Club. The course is rated #1 small courses to play by Golf Digest and is just around the corner from the Four Chimneys Inn.
- Take a beautiful stroll away from the Bennington Battle Monument —Vermont’s most visited historic site.
For Theatre lovers, leave the city prices behind and take in a show at four world-class live Theatres:
- Bennington’s own Oldcastle Theatre Company (celebrating 40-plus years of quality, professional theater) (1mi)
- Williamstown Theatre Festival, Williamstown, MA (10 mi)
- Dorset Theatre Festival, Dorset Vermont (31 mi)
- Weston Theatre Festival, Weston Vermont (a beautiful 42 mi drive)
Of course, you can also just stay put and curl up with a book by our fireplace. Unwind with a cool martini or hot toddy in our cocktail lounge (open only to inn guests). Or, play a game of bocce on our expansive lawns. Book your perfect Vermont bed and breakfast getaway today!